Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Also Known As by Robin Benway





Also Known As 
by Robin Benway
2.5/5
  

Also Known As was a cute read. Good for a quick filler for meeting your book challenge goals. I read it in about one day while traveling. But that is the best part about it. 
 
I would like to say in advance this would be described as a negative review but I try to mention the good things because I know authors work really hard but I can't lie, paid or not. ( side note: I am currently not paid to review any books. Just to assist fellow readers)

  There really wasn't anything that stood out too much. It would have been a little cooler if she could do hand-to-hand combat and more action, but the author was probably worn out from researching all this spy stuff to write action scenes accurately. 

I liked the humor in the book, but I wish Maggie wasn't as.....boring. Yeah, she said an occasional funny line but in all reality she kinda didn't have any interesting personality trait. She was a good friend to Reux, yes, but I would've liked a book about her a little more than Maggie. 

  Now don't get me wrong, being a safecracker is seriously awesome, but that's the only interesting thing about Maggie. She couldn't even say much in French! Or lie! It would be best that she sticks with her parents or some other team like on Leverage. 

 Personally I liked Jesse and Reux better than Maggie. It's a good thing Robin Benway put them in the book or this would've been a one star on Goodreads. 

 I would recommend it to a younger audience just because it's a simple read and pretty clean. If someone was looking for a spy book I would recommend it but I wouldn't bring it up otherwise. So I hope this was helpful to anyone researching this book. 
 
As I said above Also Known As is a solid 2.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment